Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Interviews, interviews.


I've been busy this week. Well, busy for me, which means just slightly more obligations than work alone. As a matter of fact, at 7:30am today, I had one interview (Job #1). Tomorrow, I will be calling my high school to get transcripts for the nursing program at Quinsigamond (WHY ON EARTH they want high school transcripts when they have my final college transcripts, I do not know) in the morning before work and also plan to scout out the place of my Friday morning interview (Job #2) if I don't today. Plus, I have to attend a 'Health Session' for Quinsig on Tuesday morning, even though they're not accepting people to the nursing program until Fall 2011. (Yeah, three years. Seriously. How much does that suck?)

I also have a friend's I-finally-quit-my-job celebration cookout and another friend's birthday party this weekend, but those are good opportunities to get drunk fun things, so they don't count. I'm also hoping to get some make out chill out time with a certain redheaded boy (I need to come up with a good nickname for him) and possibly get some semblance of a tan at my friend's lakehouse while I'm at it.

Poor, busy me.

Anyway, the interview this morning went quite well, and I am relatively positive that I will be offered a position fairly soon. It pays more than my current one and I get to interact with people instead of the horrorshow that is the Internet. They even have some part time positions, which would be awesome, because then I could talk my current boss into letting me turn this job into part time as well, so I could have both and make money and not be guilty!

YAY HOORAY WOOT so what's the problem, lady? Weeeeell. Let me just tell you.

I don't want it.

Yeah, that's right. Good job, probably not too hard, pay isn't bad (I get a $1.25 raise after 3 months, too), MUCH closer to home (goodbye 45 minute commute) very good experience opportunity. Why wouldn't I want it?

Because I want Job #2! I haven't interviewed for it (Friday at 8:45am), I don't really know what I'd be doing, I'm not even exactly sure where it is. So why would I want this mess? Oh, because it's a big company and they have AMAZING benefits! Health, dental, vision - I haven't had that kind of insurance since... forever! There's vacation time, sick leave, and even personal days. On top of that, they do 100% tuition reimbursement including money for lab costs and textbooks as long as you're going for something related to the job - hellz yeah I'll go back to school for them! I want to have, like, 4 different degrees. Show 'em what else they've won, JohnnyAND, as the cherry on top, they put 4% (based on your earnings) into an automatic 401k plan... even if you don't put any money into it! I might be the only person really, honestly impressed by this.

Also, I suspect that they have cubicles. I've never worked in a cubicle. I am also the only person on earth excited by the idea of 'personalizing' my cubicle. I have issues. I, apparently, am some kind of corporate whore (but I swear, only for money and power). Perhaps it is the kind of job with promotions. I've never had a promotion before.

...... Promotionnnnnnnnnnsssssssss.

No comments: