Sunday, February 3, 2008

A Wilhelm Scream and Comeback Kid

... Are my two favorite bands. If the two went on tour together, I would sell my blood to get tickets, and if that wasn't enough... well, I have other things I can sell.

So, as I was saying, it appears I'm on a bit of a music kick this evening, so after the last post, I decided to search for some videos of AWS and CK to post so you can all see how awesome they both are.

I'll do A Wilhelm Scream first, since they're a bit gentler and more melodic. Plus, they're from New Bedford, MA -- that's only about an hour and a half from here! I couldn't pick just one video, so you get two, you lucky dogs:


A Wilhelm Scream: The Kids Can Eat a Bag of Dick
Yes, that's the actual title of the song. This one was (according the the YouTube description) put together by one of the people who toured with them last February. I bet they put on a kickass show.


A Wilhelm Scream: Famous Friends and Fashion Drunks
This one, from what I can tell, at least, is the official video for the song. It's not live clips like the last one, but it's really the song itself that matters.



Hope you liked them; they're my favorite. On to my other favorite, Comeback Kid. They're a bit heavier and a little screamier (I don't care if that's not a word, Bob), but just as rawkin' as AWS. Plus, they're Canadian, i.e. instant awesome.

These are the two bands I listen to when I go running.


Comeback Kid: Wake the Dead
The first CK song I ever heard -- and I was hooked immediately. Maybe you will be too :)


Comeback Kid: Die Tonight
Quite possibly my very favorite CK song, as hard as it is to choose. I fuckin' love this one, though. I want to run over a mass of people like that! Note the synchronized moshing at 2:22.



I do indeed apologize for the ridiculous amount of media in this post, but really, why the hell not? Makes it easy for you to see it, and my only goal is to expose you to two badass bands you may not have heard of. Win-win thing, really.

I'm kind of on a roll, here.

Finally (I swear this is the last), since I mentioned moshing earlier, I thought I would end with the video made for CK's song Loreli. Think moshing is ridiculous? Try taking it out of context:





P.S. If you learned nothing from the Sick of It All video, that is not the correct way to mosh. Then again, if you're in the middle of the pit, you might as well flail like an idiot -- standing still won't do you much good.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, I go away for vacation and come back and you're posting, Bob has a new website... everything's changing.

Anyway, not really my scene but it looks entertaining for those people that are into it. Something about moshing looks some unnatural and strange.

Squeaker said...

So that's where you've been! Well, good to have you back!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, it's good to be back. Nice updating on the site. I imagine we'll be seeing less of them once you're back to work?

Squeaker said...

That's probably accurate... then again, I don't have much of a social life anymore, so it may also be inaccurate! Suppose we'll see.

Anonymous said...

I hope you keep up somewhat there are some good links in here. Some of these bands seem pretty wild.