Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Web Comic: Wondermark

Now, I know this might be a little hard to take in, but I am a bit of a... well, a geek. I know, I know -- it seems totally counter intuitive that a female should hold such a title (along with "new age punk," apparently), but it's true. I love computers and video games and I've recently been getting back into my old favorite -- web comics.

This evening, I found myself reading one of the very best comics of all time: Wondermark. It's created by one very strange David Malki ! (yes, the exclamation is necessary), and is made with endless amounts of antique-looking artwork. I won't lie, while all the strips are hilarious, some (most) of them can probably be classified as fucking weird. To demonstrate, I have uploaded my all-time favorite comic, which is also probably the very weirdest:

sorry

Now, just so the oddness of this one doesn't turn you off, I've also included one that's a bit easier to follow:


Photobucket

Love it. You know you already do. Go on, go read the archives. I promise I won't tell anyone.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I've been sort of quietly reading along with your blog. I am a huge comic fan, so I just thought I would post saying I found the archives highly entertaining. I liked the first one you uploaded too. It is my type of humor.

Squeaker said...

Well, hey, thanks for the comments :) I plan to do more web comics and such, so I hope you like them, too.

Byrne said...

How long before you get to Nerds & Co.?


:)

Anonymous said...

Nice post as usual. Some very funny strips.

Bob Coughlin said...

I am a fan of the first strip as well. Seemingly my brand of humor as well. I like how I used to be on top of this shit and now strangers are beating me to it. In the words of Brad Renfro: "Fuck All Y'All"

Bob Coughlin said...

PS- I like my own tautology. As well.