Sunday, January 13, 2008

Blog Review: I Can Has Cheezburger


Anyone that has never been to I Can Has Cheezburger should be shot. Now, I know I already said Gaijin Smash is my favorite blog to read, but I check ICHC generally every day. No joke.

For those of you unfamiliar with the concept of LoLCats, they are pictures of cats in odd poses or places to which grammatically incorrect captions are added for amusement. There are other types of LoLthings, including the LoLrus and LoLBots (particularly nerdy). Sure, plenty of people don't find these poorly-spoken felines as hilarious as I do, but those people were likely raised in strict, hypocritically religious families with fathers that beat the childhood out of them at a young age, so they unfortunately grew up without any sense of humor and a stupidly opinionated disposition.

Another neat feature on ICHC is their LoLCat Builder, where you can make your very own LoLCats! I lack the wit this very delicate procedure requires, but you can always try -- the only downside is that mods screen all sumbissions, and they may take some time to get to yours. It ensures that there aren't any "Cockz lulz" submissions, though.

That said, I leave you with a few of my favorites:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I ventured over here and it looks like I just caught a fresh post. I was just commenting on a few of these on Life Misled ironically. These pictures are so entertaining. I actually didn't know about the site but see these types of pictures in places all over.

Nice link. Nice samples too.

Bob Coughlin said...

I have to admit, your obsession with cats has some entertainment value. This is one such example. That site is always good for a laugh. I wasn't aware of the builder until you mentioned it. You can't tell me you're not witty enough to create your own though.

PS- The Lionsgate franchise misses your "patronage" with the Saw series. Two down, two up. Bring it on.

Squeaker said...

Nice timing, prowl3r. I was surprised to get a comment so quickly.

I dare you to make your own.

Squeaker said...

Okay, Mr. Coughlin, you try making one. They're harder than you think!

More like anti-patronage, really. Anxious to watch them, yeah? Tomorrow (technically today), then, we can get at least one more out of the way.

Bob Coughlin said...

I did try making one, as indicated on my site. Perhaps the fact that you don't remember testifies to my inability at making them effectively. Regardless, I did give it a go. Surely, you've the wit. I would imagine that even a person who reads them with frequency has an advantage with these types of things.

I suppose I am basically the anti-patron. If it's possible to get it for free, you bet I'm going to try. If it makes you feel any better I do have the Saw 3 DVD, though I downloaded it anyway just because I didn't feel like looking for it.

Tomorrow, today, whenever. As you know well, I'm always around. At least one more? We better be finishing the series. You also used the "out of the way," as if it's pulling teeth! Am I that terrible?

Squeaker said...

Myne! Well, I liked it.

I do not like to pay for things if I don't have to, either. I can't remember the last time I bought a computer program or game.

Terrible? Hardly -- I'm afraid I wouldn't make the five-minute trip over there if that were the case. I only used to phrase because "under our belts" makes me giggle.

Bob Coughlin said...

I didn't. I remarked as much.

Paying for things is overrated, my dear. Besides, it's even easier to download than it is to drive somewhere, stand in a line, and deal with other human beings. That doesn't even factor in the gas money or the financial hit of your purchase, either.

"Under our belts" is a funny term. Never really did understand it.

Byrne said...

My lolcat never made the cut...

Anonymous said...

It could be that they are still reviewing them, I can't imagine the number that go in per day.

I was always a pirate, myself... unless there was a good reason to go out and buy, like artist/actor support for my favorites or something.

I liked your LOL Cats Bob. Don't give up the fight!

Squeaker said...

Maybe the ICHC people don't get the Goliath reference?

Squeaker said...

Jav, that's the only time I buy things -- I bought Hot Fuzz because it's my favorite movie ever, and I wanted the special features.

Anonymous said...

These things always make me laugh. I didn't know they had a site, so nice post. Thanks.

Squeaker said...

Awesome -- I love to share kitties.

Unknown said...

<3 these!!