Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The Sean Clark VIP Experience!

Mister Sean Clark has produced and written a whole bunch of stuff, but if you've ever seen him it was probably on his show, Horror's Hallowed Grounds.  Basically, he goes around and visits the famous locations at which scary movies were filmed, something I think is awesome, because I've loved horror ever since I was a little 'un.  My personal favorite is the episode for the original Nightmare on Elm Street, (the first scary movie I ever watched):



My favorite part is right around 8:00.  I giggled ferociously.  Also, the bloopers at the end are great, especially the twisted tongue at 20:48 or so!

I met Sean the first time in Philadelphia -- if you read my post about it, you'll remember that he followed me on Twitter and waved to me a few times throughout the day.


As I mentioned previously, I gave him some sour gummy candy at the NY convention, because I wanted to get him something and I was informed by his official stalker (@ClarkStalking on Twitter) that those are his favorite.  I neglected to mention that when I gave him the candy, he didn't take my autograph ticket.  I'm not sure if he forgot, or if the gummies were a bribe to get an extra autograph for free.  Either way, woo hoo!

Around 2pm of the NY convention, I was sooooooooo bored that I started scheming to get a picture with Sean.  I tore off a piece of the convention schedule and scribbled, "Can I get a picture with you, please? :)"  Then, I asked a volunteer if I could give it to Sean, and she directed me to the security guard who said no.  I did my damndest to look sad without actually pouting, which must have worked, because he quickly added, "But you're a VIP, so you can just cut right into line here and talk to him, if you want."  If I want?  Duh!  So I hopped back into line behind the next two people to go up.

Sean said, "What can I get you?" As a response, I laughed, and he looked a little confused.  I told him I was really at the con to see him, and that I could care less about Norman (well, I guess I cared a little... but I really was there to see Sean!).  The surprise on his face was almost comical, and he was like, "Oh, wow, I'm flattered!"  I asked if we could take a picture, and he said, "Absolutely," then had me stand off to the side so he could usher a couple more people through to Norman -- "Can't hold up the line!".  Then, he slipped around the table, wrapped an arm around me, and said, "Who's got the camera?"

I said, "I do!" and pulled out my phone.

He said, "Do you want me to take it?  We could do it like a selfie."  I was incredibly amused that he used the term "selfie," and I said yes, mumbling something about his arms being longer than mine.  I'd already set the camera to use the front camera, but Sean hit a button and somehow managed to open a search window (how the..??  I'm still not sure how he managed that), so we had to pause while I backed out of that and got the camera up again -- not that I minded in the LEAST, because we had our arms around each other the whole time.  I bet he's a fantastic cuddler ^_^

So this was the super cute result (ignore the bags under my eyes; I'd stayed up until 2am, gotten up at 5, and driven the 3 hours down to NY)!  He handed my phone back to me, gave me another quick hug, then scooted back around the table.

I was about to thank him and go when he said, "Hold on!"  So I stood there, and when I realized what he was doing, I said, "An autograph?  For me?"

"Yep!"

"For free?"

"Yep!"

"I can pay for it, I have money."

"Nope!"

He made sure he spelled my name right ("Is it Jamie, J-A-M-I-E?"), wrote, "Much Love!!" and drew hearts all over it!

I thanked him a bunch of times, and then snuck back out of the line.  I framed the autograph, ordered prints of our selfie, and now Sean is on my bookcase.  He's even in front of Norman! O.o


I have a new love.  Too bad someone already put a ring on it; I'm late to the game :(

Also, he totally answers Twitter DMs.  Because he's just that awesome.  <3>

No comments: