Friday, August 22, 2008

Sometimes I stop and stare of blankly into the distance, and I wonder.

Sometimes I wonder, is this it? Is this all there is?

What are we moving toward in our lives, really? Sure, I'm learning programming now so that I can get into a good company and do something fun (sort of) and get paid good money. Programming is important considering the way computers are taking over the world, so why not jump on the bandwagon ten years too late?

Okay, so if all goes as planned, I'll have a good job, and probably a fairly secure future. Cool. Then what? I'm not terribly enthused by the idea of marriage and children. So what's next for me? What new horizon am I setting my sights on?


That's all it really is, anyway. Get over this hurdle and move on to the next. What happens when you claw your way up that last hill and find yourself at the ocean, at the end of the world?

I am not content to sit and watch the view for the rest of my years. What will come of me?

No comments: